Roberto Cimetta Fund
The Roberto Cimetta Fund, is an international non-profit making organisation created to respond rapidly and directly to artists and cultural managers who wish to travel in order to develop contemporary artistic cooperation projects in the Euro-Mediterranean region, and in particular throughout the Arab world.
The General Fund
The General Fund is open to all requests for grants that respect the eligibility criteria of the Fund, whatever the destination of travel, the artistic discipline or the direction of mobility. The General Fund functions on an annual basis which means that candidates can apply for the first session of the year (generally in February or March), and to the other sessions in May and September depending on the funding available.
Special funding lines
The Conseil Général des Bouches du Rhône
France has opened a special mobility funding line for Euro-Mediterranean artistic and cultural mobility from or to the County of the Bouches du Rhône and the cities or regions with which it has cooperation agreements: Algiers (Algeria), Gyumri (Armenia), the Region of Barcelona (Spain), the City of Haïfa (Israel), the Province of Genova (Italy), the City of Marrakech (Morocco), the City of Bethlehem (Palestine) and the City of Tunis (Tunisia).
- Projects must be linked to the Marseille-Provence 2013 project and/or the area of Marseille-Provence 2013 (which extends from Arles to La Ciotat through the Pays d’Aix.)
Priority is given to the following directions of mobility:
- From a country on the South or East coasts of the Mediterranean to another country of the same geographical zone
- Form a country on the South or East coasts of the Mediterranean to a European country, preferably other than France
- Only in exceptional cases will mobility from a European country to a country on the South or East coasts be considered.
- The same applies for mobility linked to countries of the Arabian Gulf.
Guimaraes, European capital of Culture 2012
for 2011 and 2012 for applications from or to Guimaraes, Portugal. Priority is given to request for travel grants in order to take part in an artistic residency in one of the following areas : music, performing arts, cinema, visual arts, design and architecture.
WHO can apply?
- individual request requests sent by an organisation will not be accepted. Travel grants are allocated to individuals only.
-Nationality is not an eligibility criteria but the candidate must be living and working in the Euro-Mediterranean zone.
- There is no age limit.
- Applicants must be artist (performer, creator, teacher) or professionals working in the cultural sector (organiser, administrator, project manager).
September 1, check website
Fonds Roberto Cimetta
c/o ONDA - 13 bis, Rue Henri Monnier
+33 1 45263374
+33 1 48741603